Beernem celebrates on high day of the race
On Sunday 2 April, Tour of Flanders will be passing through the municipality of Beernem. The party zones have all been registered, the activities are known and cycling fever is on the rise.
“With no less than 15 kilometres of the course running through our municipality, we are, this year for the first time, a proud Village of the Tour,” says an enthusiastic mayor Jos Sypré. “After the start on the Grote Markt in Bruges, the peloton heads towards Beernem. The official starting signal will be given after just over 8 kilometres in our municipality, namely on Bruggestraat. With slogans on the track and along the road, we welcome the peloton. We are also planning a surprise in Sint-Joris.”
“Furthermore, we are once again organising our ‘Wielercultuur in Beernem’ exhibition in the Sinjo. On Sunday 26 March, together with Cultuur Historische Kring Sint-Joris, we will unveil the Ronde van Beirnem, an unmarked gpx cycling route of about 50 kilometres with six segments. We are also preparing for the trade campaign ‘Dorp van de Ronde’ in which residents can win beautiful prizes”, Sypré concludes.
There is plenty to experience along the course in Beernem:
- With ‘Koers op de speelplaats’, VBS Ter Bunen will be organising a cycling course with coffee and cocktail bar.
- On the Markt of Oedelem café Mitra, Perle d'Ozette, Forza8330 and Den Bunker are joining forces to make it a real popular party during the ‘Ronde van de Markt’, with coffee and buns, food & drinks, bouncy castles, and broadcasting on a big screen. The tour ‘In het spoor van de Ronde’ starts at 10:30.
- De Witte Hoeve will serve a substantial breakfast at 9:00. By reservation only via email@example.com.
- On the Kerkplein in Beernem, the ‘Beernemse Reuzen’ will be welcoming the cyclists. At the roundabout, Feest- en Handelsgroep Dorpsvrienden Beernem will be organising a bar with aperitifs and chips.
- On the lawn of O.C. De Kleine Beer, Beernem Rugby Club and Oranje Beernem, under the guise of ‘het Ovaal van de Ronde’, will provide drinks, snacks, entertainment for the children and broadcasting on a big screen.
- In O.C. De Kleine Beer you can enjoy breakfast and lunch. Organised by KWB Beernem, Femma Beernem and Natuurloop Beernem. Sign up via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Café Sint-Lucas also provide entertainment during the race. They will be working with an all-in formula with drinks and food in the café and marquee. Of course, you can also follow the live broadcast on a big screen here.
- Koersploeg De Blendhelmen will be organising breakfast, a barbecue and afterparty with Cedex & Higher Underground (Tomorrowland) in the garden of Stationsstraat 67. Sign up via De Blendhelmen. Here too, you can follow the race on a big screen.
- In the Kooldreef, vzw Ten Distel will provide drinks with a bar